Friday, December 30, 2011

The Best Pillow, Ever!!

I'm a total DIYer, but I know my limits. When I happened upon this pillow, I was transported to a cold winter's day in the woods, sipping hot cocoa at Christmastime and sitting in front of the warm fire. Why? Because these pillows are stuffed with Maine Balsam Fir.

Surely there's a way to get yourself some of this stuff (if you're lucky, even your own backyard), you can dry it, sew material into a pillow and stuff it like a ravioli. I didn't want to go through all the trouble, after all, I'm too busy trying to make over this laundry room of ours. Besides, my mother so graciously gave me one for Christmas, after we saw a display in our local mini health food store.  

I'm the proud owner of two (yes, two) mini Maine Balsam Fir pillows and I could not be happier. When I tuck into bed at night (after my little one is finally asleep), there's nothing more soothing and relaxing than getting a whiff of these trees. My husband, of course, probably wonders why I snuggle the pillows, but he loves the scent just as much as I do. Guilty as charged. I seriously feel as though I'm sleeping amongst Christmas trees and they're twinkling and lulling me to sleep. It also brings me back to when my husband and I were in Maine and all that surrounded us was a sky blanketed in stars and the fragrant smell of the great outdoors. Ahhhh..... 

I do believe it works wonders in the inspiration department. If you're lucky enough and you love the smell of Balsam and Christmas as much as I do, snag yourself one of these. You will be happy you did. Doesn't hurt that they're so darn cute, too!




No comments:

Post a Comment