Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Deck the Halls

Fa-la-la-la-la, la-la-la-la!

Indeed, 'tis the season to deck your halls, be jolly and bring in the boughs of holly! Ever since moving into our home, I've felt that our entrance is a bit 'blah' and in desperate need of a certain something. Not quite sure exactly what, although my husband is convinced that it's a coat rack. Perhaps he's right, but I'm thinking more along the lines of fresh paint (but of course I suffer from paint-ADD), perhaps wallpaper-like stenciling, a mirror make-over.... and a sprinkling of fairy dust! 

Seriously though, when you walk into a home it's your first impression of what's to come. It almost lures you into the rest of the home with excitement you dare not admit, but is still conjured up in your curiosity. 

I'm inspired to hone in on my ideas and finally make the front section of the house match the cozy warmth of what lies further within. For the time being, I'll have to make do with my braided country rug, the long shutter that moonlights as a coatrack and (yikes!) the original pink tiles - need I say more? I will muster up the courage to post some pics of how it is now, but in the meantime, these pics are just too decadent to keep to myself! 

Nothing screams festive as a well decorated foyer or hallway. It's no wonder there is a popular Christmas song with this name. I strongly believe if Santa knew just how many of these entryways existed, he would opt for the front door instead of the chimney!   

Christmas or not... time to deck those halls! 






No comments:

Post a Comment