Wednesday, December 28, 2011

We all must do Laundry

.. otherwise we create mountains of clothes that we end up walking climbing over. Not to mention having nothing to wear!

If you're the rare few that actually likes doing laundry, and my mother is one of them, then you have no problem. I have to admit, I don't really have a problem with doing laundry itself - after all, the machine does all the work. It's having to step into our laundry room that I have a problem with. 

When I was growing up, we lived in an old house that came equipped with a dingy basement. I mean, creepy-do-I-really-have-to-venture-down-here basement... a cellar, if you will. I was always convinced there was something lurking behind every corner. My mom was definitely a trooper, walking up and down scary steps just to make it to the back end of the room. How that didn't 'scar' her from ever loading up the machines I'll never know. 

I'm grateful in the sense that we don't even have a basement, but our laundry room does share space with the downstairs bathroom. Not only is it cramped, but it's just weird. I'm not complaining though, I know firsthand that conditions could be far worse. However, I have been looking to pretty up the space and make it more enjoyable. Do you ever get the sense of wanting to make something over since you have to spend time there? You might as well make it fun! And in the realm of laundry, most can agree that we need a little more of that in our repertoire. 

The closest I have come to doing anything remotely pretty in this space is to replace the closet door handles. I was stoked when I stepped into Anthropologie and saw these handles for $2.00. OH BOY! In the meantime, I'm eyeing up these photos and definitely coming up with some inexpensive ways to 'DIY' the area. 

Here are the current working conditions: 

Loving these handles



The current state of Laundry-ville

Washing machine serving also as a storage unit

Yard sale find: can't wait to bunch the few of these that I have together and make them pop!

... Stay Tuned!



Wish List:










Country Living

Country Living

Country Living
Country Living

No comments:

Post a Comment