Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Dining Lights

A few weeks ago, I changed the arrangement of our living room. Anyone who knows me also knows that I'm incessant about switching things up -- and did just that. What bothered me most was the unused portion of our dining room. Sure it looked nice, but it wasn't functional. The reason I kept it the way it was mainly because of the light fixture which hung above.


I would like nothing more than to hang something remarkable above our table (see post about ladders), but for the time being this works perfectly. Not only was it cheap, it was so easy to 'install'! This makes for a nice transition into something a bit more permanent, or until I'm sure this is where the table will reside.


The end result is whimsy and lends a beautiful soft light. It almost reminds me of a garden party in the spring where stars are reflecting down. Now, all that's missing are fragrant flowers and a soiree!


IF this inspires you, here's all you will need:
  • Icicle Lights
  • Transparent tape (yup, that's right)
  • Extension cord








No comments:

Post a Comment