Thursday, March 7, 2013

Knick knacks

I don't do nearly as much as I want to do in a day. Granted, I'm taking care of two little ones and the chores are extremely endless, as any stay-at-home mama knows, but I'm referring more to things I want to do. Don't get me wrong, potty training, cooking, nursing, changing diapers, cleaning after my little girl over and over again are really quite 'fun', but I'm talking about the odd little projects I'd like to sit down and do. 


For instance, I enjoy browsing Pottery Barn or country stores for inspiration and then taking a trip to the nearest thrift shop or antique store to see what I can salvage from those ideas. Seriously, the possibilities are endless. On my last antique hunt, I picked up vintage stamps. Mind you, I'm not at all a 'stamp' gal, but these were made of wood and I had seen something similar in a PB catalogue. So, I went for it and picked them up. I purchased the most random letters and could barely spell anything, but managed 'love'. Hey, whatever works.



As I type, those letter stamps sit in a glass jar on my self-made mantel (ie, shelf!) above the t.v. Both my kiddos are in dreamland and I'm typing about the day I can finally have some time to actually do projects again.



No comments:

Post a Comment