Friday, March 8, 2013

Cocoa Please!

Today I was going to go through our spring things and put away the transitional winter stuff. You know, the odds and ends and remnants of warmth (such as cozy blankets and winter gear). However, my plans were thwarted when I looked out our window and saw this!


Winter Wonderland

I was not dismayed one bit, but decided to put my plans on hold. I would feel as though I were cheating on winter if I de-hibernated all of the spring decor! So instead, I'm baking pretzels and firing up hot cocoa for my family. With husband home, he has time to watch the little ones while I have fun in the kitchen! 

By the way, I realize this is my THIRD post that includes pretzels, but it always seems to snow when I blog.. and I always seem to bake these when it snows. 


Yummmmmmm....

Anyway, when my two snow angels came back inside (huz and daughter), I greeted them with hot cocoa and pretzel sticks. HERE is my fab-ulos-o recipe for cocoa, keeping it healthy while keeping it good!!

HOT COCOA

2 1/2 - 3 cups almond or coconut milk (I used both since I ran out of one)
3 heaping TBSP. unsweetened cocoa
One 'pour' of pure maple syrup (unfortunately, I didn't measure this, but sweeten to taste)

Put contents into blender. I fired up our Vitamix and it created a 'froth' along the top. Once everything was mixed, I poured it into a pot and let it simmer on very low until it was hot. Probably 10 - 15 minutes, depending on your stove. 

I topped theirs with yummy mini-marshmallows and they drank it up! A lovely accompaniment to the snow, don't cha think? 






No comments:

Post a Comment