Friday, December 14, 2012

Choosing the right color

Today I had a conversation with my sister-in-law and she touched upon something I've been contemplating in my space... PAINT! During that time, I also had a bunch of color swatches sitting in front of me (because I usually carry them everywhere I go in my house). These colors also happened to have been in the brown/tan family. A decadent long list of names like: Caramel Apple, Toasted Almond, Barley Harvest, Gingerbread Man, Graham Cracker, Maple Syrup, Biscuit, Peanut Shell, Gingersnaps, Baked Cumin - - the list goes on and on and makes my stomach growl.



Seriously, it took me two years to figure out which white color I was going to paint our cabinets and now I have the 'daunting' task of choosing a wall color to (gulp) compliment them. Mind you, I'm indecisive when it comes to picking out a box of cereal. It's no coincidence that I go with oatmeal every morning, it's just simple. Oatmeal, yes, now that would make a great wall color!


My sister in law's dream color? Pie Crust... perfect! Only that it doesn't quite exist, except for the one you bake. The thoughts it conjures up, though, is enough to keep me in the kitchen all day long. Not only is it a warm color, but also one that would go great with white cabinets. 

After many moments of contemplation, I finally chose a color that was suitable for the kitchen and my husband (reluctantly) painted the kitchen on his rare off-time. 

As you can see from my previous post, the blue is way gone and I couldn't be happier! Next on my list is bead board wallpaper and the kitchen walls will be complete. Of course, there's really no hurry. And yes, I've restored our nook to its original table rather than a makeshift desk. Love it much better.... for now. 













No comments:

Post a Comment