Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Christmas Candle

After seeing dozens of posts on Pinterest with DIY candles and jars, I decided to try my hand at it as well. I've given them as little gifts already and they're super cute and very well received. Then again, what gift isn't? The holidays are all about giving! 



What you'll need:

Jar (I used an empty jar from peanut butter we buy)
Epsom Salt
Tea light candle
String (you can use thin ribbon or twine)
Greenery (I clipped juniper from my mom's house)
Pine Cone or Cinnamon Stick- optional, I didn't use any in mine
Candy cane - optional


So what you're going to do is fill the jar a teeny tiny bit with epsom salt. Clip whatever greenery you have around and lay it inside and tie it along the rim on the outside as well. If you have tiny pine cones, you can also tie that with the green or by itself if you so wish. For some of the candles I dropped in candy canes, if only to make it merry and festive. It was a very nice touch!


I assure you that the receiver will love this gift. Make sure they light it up because that's when the magic really happens. It seriously looks like White Christmas in a jar! It reminded me of a quiet, snowy evening that sparkles and shines. I seriously could stare at it for hours on end!  


If you're on a budget like I am, this is a perfect gift to give! Happy Tidings!!

No comments:

Post a Comment