Friday, August 17, 2012

New and Improved Nook

So, apparently being pregnant means ZERO energy and motivation to write entries on this blog, BUT I have been busy at work switching up the house... don't think I'll ever run out of steam for that.

Anyway, I can go through a list of things I'd like to change about our kitchen, but it's a step-by-step process. Today, I made a giant leap. I decided to switch up the 'use' of our little nook. What resided there before was our table, what resides there now is our table -- revamped and repurposed. I took away all the chairs around it, since NOBODY really EVER sat there and it was an obstacle course to just close a window.

SOOOO, what better way to use a space than to create a little 'office' area. There's something I like about having a desk in the kitchen, such a busy area and a great way to spend time with the huz while cooking. With the addition of our chalkboard wall, my daughter can even join in on the hustle and bustle as well!

All in all, I'm happy with how it turned out. I can sit and do my work and so can my husband, instead of having to go upstairs and hide away all the time.









No comments:

Post a Comment