Friday, October 28, 2011

Snow in October

Tomorrow's forecast calls for snow. Really? I ask myself, what happened to the harvest-y weather that goes along with Halloween? I love snow, don't get me wrong, and I am in no way complaining about the impending flakes that will blanket the ground, however, it is technically fall and I just want to enjoy every last ounce... right down to the last leaf that will fall from our maple tree.

I am reminding myself to rejoice and be glad in the day the Lord has given, so I am enjoying the beautiful sunshine today and I will also relish tomorrow, if He blesses us with that as well. In the meantime, I'm lining up my hot cocoa, Somerset mags, crocheting projects and cozying up to the idea of a day of rest. I believe the Lord gives us those too... if only to recharge our batteries, slow down and turn to Him. 

I think this may be apropos, no?

No comments:

Post a Comment